- This event has passed.
Primary Art Professional Community
February 22 @ 3:30 pm - 5:30 pmFree – £25
These sessions aim to create a support network in which schools share ideas, effective practice and discuss issues surrounding Primary Art. To focus on practical solutions to common challenges and gain expert advice and guidance from Art lead professionals. In each meeting we will:
– Find out about development and updates in the field of Primary Art
– Share and learn from good practice
– Network with colleagues from other schools
- Progression in primary art – what to look for
- Effective use of progression ladders
- The purpose of sketch books
- Developing ideas within sketch books
- Sharing best practice (participants to bring along an example of a sketch book from their school to share – also bring along the finished work relating to it if that is applicable). Work can also be emailed to Nic in Powerpoint format for viewing if that helps – email@example.com
- Exploring the work of artists in sketch books
- Promoting art within your school
Further details about Nic and his art consultancy can be found at www.nicgeorgeart.com or follow him on instagram – nicgeorgeart
Professional Community Lead
After a long and successful career as a teacher and head teacher in primary schools, Nic George set up his Art Consultancy in 2021 to support schools with his specialist knowledge, skills and interests within the visual arts.
Nic has extensive experience as both a teacher and leader of the visual arts in education, this includes several posts as an art leader in a variety of primary schools and he has a B.Ed (Hons) in Primary Art Education, several master modules in Primary and Secondary art education, recent qualifications in coaching and has always been a practising artist.
SWIFT Members: no charge
Other colleagues: £25
Please note: Payment is by INVOICE ONLY. Please select an invoice as the payment method at checkout.
You will receive a confirmation of booking from Eventbrite. All further correspondence will come from Robin.Scott@sw-ift.org.uk; please ensure you check your junk mail box and approve the email to ensure you receive important event details.
If you are unable to attend on the day or are sending someone else in your place, please let us know. Please be aware that failure to cancel your space can cost your school. Full Terms and Conditions are available HERE.
SWIFT Partner providing course (including invoicing) is Exeter Consortium Schools’ Alliance (invoiced by Exeter Consortium)
Non-chargeable Courses (Sessions that are part of the ‘no additional charge’ elements of the SWIFT membership)
- If the place you are cancelling is for a ‘no additional charge’ event under the SWIFT Offer to Schools, you may withdraw, without penalty, provided a minimum notice of 24 hours before the start time of the event is given.
- If less than 24 hours’ notice is given, for each date of a course for which there is no additional charge, then the following charges will apply per applicant: £15.00
Should a training course recruit insufficient numbers to make it viable, we reserve the right to cancel the course, without penalty, giving a minimum notice of 24 hours.