- This event has passed.
January 23 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dear Adaptation CoP members
Our focus for the first session, as identified in November, is looking at the Adaptation landscape as a system, and mapping how it is changing and could change using the Positive Tipping Points framework. I will give an overview of the framework and how it can be applied to adaptation, and we will then collectively look at:
- The conditions required for change – what needs to be in place to inform a shift towards resourced adaptation action
- The feedback loops – what are the reinforcing and dampening feedbacks that make this work easier or harder
- The triggers – the policy, technological, social or other interventions that could tip the system from one state to another
Following this, Candice will lead a discussion based on our collective mapping to identify priority areas for the CoP in 2024, including themes and case studies already suggested.
In the meantime, here are a couple of events which might be of interest:
- CoP member Helena from CDP has asked me to share an upcoming CDP webinar on adaptation planning for local authorities on Wednesday 31 Jan. The registration page can be found here.
- Candice has shared an invite to the launch of the “Turning Up the Heat” Report, taking place online, via Zoom at 10-11 am on Wednesday 28 February 2024. The report builds on various workshops, engagements and data analysis over the past 18 months. It presents and discusses the analysis of responses to the 2022 heatwaves in England, outlines a set of recommendations to enhance the UK’s preparedness to future extreme heat events, and initiates dialogue on the next steps for this programme of work. Further details about the event and how to register can be found here: “Turning up the heat” report launch. Please feel free to circulate via your networks.
Lastly, I am currently looking for people who would be interested in joining the next phase of the Green Futures Network Steering Group. Steering Group members would be invited to join quarterly online meetings, advising on the priorities for the network and helping to articulate its impact and potential. I’m just collecting thoughts at the moment, and towards the end of January I’ll be able to share more details with those who have expressed an interest. As members of one of the GFN CoPs, I’d very much welcome your involvement – let me know if you’d like to get any more details.
All the best